The Magnifying Glass – A Newsletter
In This Issue:
A Note from Dr. Sprouse
Focusing on a Year in Review
Focusing on a happy, healthy 2019!
For all families, The Focus Foundation promises to develop the latest and most innovative care. The Focus Foundation believes in novel and “out of the box” thinking that produces scientific breakthroughs that enable children with neurogenetic disorders to lead better and more fruitful lives.
A Note from Dr. Sprouse:
Dear Family & Friends,
2018 was extremely productive for The Focus Foundation.
We experienced an exciting expansion in space and staff. We increased our visibility with several worldwide scientific presentations and publications. We are expanding our specialty conferences around the globe, beginning with our first Australian conference in Brisbane this April.
The Focus Foundation is committed to worldwide optimal care for each and every child with X & Y chromosomal variations and as always, we appreciate your support.
Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2019,
Dr. Carole Samango-Sprouse
A Year In Review:
This past year we were thrilled to:
- Present at the American Clinical Genetics Meeting (ACMG) in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Present at the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) meeting in Toronto, Canada
- Present at the International Society of Prenatal Diagnosis (ISPD) in Belgium
- Host our 15th Annual 49ers Conference focusing on 49, XXXXY in Annapolis, Maryland
- Present at the American Society of Human Genetics Meeting (ASHG) in San Diego, California
- Present at the National Society of Genetic Counselors Meeting (NSGC) in Atlanta, Georgia
- Host our European X & Y Conference in the UK with our specialists
- Our “family” of 49ers exceeded 110 boys with 49, XXXXY worldwide.
- We continued parent focused and parent driven Facebook Live sessions to reach families across the globe and answering your questions in real time.
- In recognition of her leadership and groundbreaking research in the field of rare genetic disorders, the International Women’s Forum extended a membership to Dr. Carole Samango-Sprouse.
- Made new friends at home and abroad, who have trusted us with their children, believed in our research, and made the leap to build a stronger and more capable future for the children.