Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Who do we think of when we hear that phrase? And the tune rings in our brain? Mr. Rogers is the TV personality who teaches us about friendship, kindness, and everything that makes a good neighbor.
He wrote a special book that celebrates all he accomplished. Read Mr. Rogers’ Making Friends and teach a song from his TV show using Mister Rogers’ Songbook.
Choose at least one of these kindness projects.
How many can you do by March 20 to celebrate Mr. Rogers’ special day!
- Share your toys with siblings
- Make a card for someone.
- Help someone with yard work
- Call a grandparent or aunt/uncle just to say hi
- Read to a sibling
- Do an extra chore
- Bake cookies for someone
- Write kind words on rocks and leave them at a park
- Compliment someone
- Recycle bottles, paper, cans
- Give a smiley face picture to someone
- Create a care package for someone in the hospital
- Write a letter to a military person or a veteran
- Encourage someone
- Help clean up a mess
- Tell your parents you love them
- Clean your room without being asked
- Donate food to a food drive or shelter
- Give a hug
Social Skills Activities for Kids: 50 Fun Exercises for Making Friends, Talking and Listening, and Understanding Social Rules
Social Skills Activities for Kids gives children the confidence to successfully navigate social situations at home, school, and the world in between. From keeping the conversation ball moving to learning to compromise to practicing good table manners, these engaging activities help kids develop and use their social skills super powers.